Project Manager / Creative Director
We are seeking a Project Manager / Creative Director who is highly organized, detail oriented, and a great communicator. You will be responsible for coordinating all design matters relating to projects with clients, helping to ensure that the multi-disciplinary teams building the project work together smoothly, and ensuring that timelines are met so that projects are delivered on time. You need to apply design processes across multiple categories such as marketing collateral, video animations, and website and app design. You will be responsible for ensuring all expectations are set correctly with a variety of clients.
Designity is a subscription based virtual creative platform that is disrupting the traditional advertising agency model, creative recruitment firms, and traditional in-house creative teams. We do this with technology, innovative ideas, and new ways of seamless virtual collaboration. Our vetted community of US-based Creatives and Creative Directors collaborate to support mid to large sized businesses with their design and marketing needs. Hundreds of brands like Oracle, Audible, Marriott International, Pfizer, Calendly, and Kung Fu Tea have already benefited from Designity’s unique model.
While we still operate like a startup (it can get very fast-paced at times) we are in full scale- up mode. If you are looking for a clear career growth plan, fully remote work, flexible hours, the opportunity to work a variety of projects, and quality content for your portfolio, Designity is the place for you to learn, develop, and grow into the creative thought leader that you’ve always wanted to be.
- Managing projects from brief to finish using Designity’s tools and processes. Controlling and owning the quality of the creative work that you deliver.
- Understanding clients’ main goals, finding the problem/solution for each project, managing timelines, managing client expectations, and interpreting their needs to work towards a successful outcome.
- Mentoring and guiding Designity’s vetted creatives, setting creative direction, and taking accountability for their growth. Being the decision maker, mentor and sometimes teacher.
- Having advanced visual design skills and being able to apply them to different design areas and industries. Having a deep understanding of the design process and excitement for the details.
- Being a great communicator and presenting creative work and direction to clients and translating their feedback into actionable tasks for creatives.
- At least 10 years of experience in the creative industry working across different verticals such as design agencies, startups, in-house teams.
- You are a proven project manager who knows how to build project briefs, timelines, and hit the ground running with minimal hand-holding.
- Experienced in supervising and mentoring different types of creatives at different levels of experience and abilities.
- Detail oriented and organized enough to deliver pixel perfect quality, on time.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills.
- Strong portfolio exhibiting knowledge in at least 3 different design categories to provide top-notch design direction.
- Bachelor's /advanced degree in Design, Marketing or any related field. Secondary education or equivalent in management preferred.
- Hands-on, self-driven, highly motivated, team-oriented with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Located in the US or Canada with strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Fast learner with a passion for processes and multi tasking.
- Fully remote and available on 1099, W2, part-time, and full-time.
- Unlimited paid vacation, company holidays, and mental health days independent of engagement.
- Team meetings in Virtual Reality with VR glasses provided for qualified and verified Creative Directors.
- Membership in the growing Designity Creative Community with the ability to learn and collaborate with other Creatives.
- Growth plan with clear promotion possibilities in leadership positions.
- 401k and health insurance benefits for qualified W2 employees.
- Flexible hours within the USA. and “No Meetings Wednesdays”.
At Designity, all employment decisions are based on business needs, qualifications, and merit. Designity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a workforce diverse in cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences will benefit our team, clients, and products.
In order to be considered for this position, it is required that you include a portfolio of your relevant work and any specific projects as requested in the application. TikTok or Instagram links are insufficient. Social media links will only be reviewed if included in a professional portfolio. Without these materials, your application will not be reviewed.
Please note: photographers, producers, art directors, architects, stylists, and influencers do not meet the minimum criterion for this role.
Compensation: $85,000 - $100,000