We are seeking a professional Web Designer / UXUI strong project management and creative direction skills. You will participate in both strategy and execution of website projects (e-commerce, marketing website, platform design, etc) to ensure standards and guidelines are met. The ideal candidate is highly organized, detail oriented, and a great communicator. You will be responsible for coordinating all design matters related to client projects, ensuring smooth collaboration between members of multidisciplinary teams, and delivering projects on time. You will oversee the design and development of client web projects from inception to deployment. You will be responsible for setting and managing expectations with a variety of clients while working simultaneously on multiple projects.
Designity is a subscription-based collaborative creative platform that enables creatives and businesses to collaborate more effectively through unique and innovative model. This collaborative approach has convinced both small and large companies, including Calendly, Kung Fu Tea, and Marriott Hotels, to use Designity for their design and marketing efforts instead of traditional, costly, and inefficient alternatives.
We are transforming the creative industry, moving away from outdated and ineffective marketing and design methods. Companies typically hire in-house designers, which is costly, time-consuming, skill-limiting, and requires substantial supervision. Working with traditional design and marketing agencies offers an alternative but at a high cost. Marketplaces like Upwork and Fiverr claim to offer a more affordable solution, but their model lacks reliability and optimization for creative services, causing frustration for businesses.
While we still operate like a startup (it can get very fast-paced at times) we are in full scale- up mode. If you are looking for a clear career growth plan, fully remote work, flexible hours, the opportunity to work a variety of projects, and quality content for your portfolio, Designity is the place for you to learn, develop, and grow into the creative thought leader that you’ve always wanted to be.
- Collaborating with web developers and UIUX designers to create exciting new designs for websites for various industries.
- Designing unique, purposeful, and award-winning websites, and digital interfaces.
- Creating website layout/user interface by using standard CMS platforms such as WordPress, Shopify, WebFlow, etc.
- Creating user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) for different web applications.
- Participating in the implementation and integration of websites.
- Being a great communicator and presenting creative work and direction to clients and translating their feedback into actionable tasks for creatives.
- Managing projects from brief to finish using Designity’s tools and processes. Controlling and owning the quality of the creative work that you deliver.
- Understanding clients’ main goals, finding the problem/solution for each project, managing timelines, managing client expectations, and interpreting their needs to work toward a successful outcome.
- Mentoring and guiding Designity’s vetted creatives, setting creative direction, and taking accountability for their growth. Acting as the decision maker, mentor, and sometimes teacher.
- At least 10 years of experience in building marketing websites, e-commerce websites, platform designs, and other sophisticated digital products.
- Experience with CMS platforms such as WordPress, Shopify, Wix, and others.
- Experience with FIGMA, InvissionApp, and other web design tools for creating unique UIUX.
- HTML/CSS knowledge is a plus.
- Experience in a Creative/Design Agency or as a freelancer overseeing client projects is preferred.
- Experienced in building websites for clients across multiple industries.
- Experience as a proven project manager who knows how to build project briefs, timelines, and hit the ground running with minimal hand-holding.
- Experience building and maintaining client relationships and ability to set expectations, collect and convey feedback, and communicate updates as needed.
- Experienced in supervising and mentoring different types of creatives at different levels of experience and abilities.
- Detail-oriented and organized enough to deliver pixel perfect quality, on time.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills.
- Strong portfolio exhibiting knowledge in web design to provide top-notch design direction.
- Bachelor's /advanced degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Communication, Project Management, or any related field. Secondary education or equivalent in management preferred.
- Hands-on, self-driven, highly motivated, team-oriented with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Located in the US or Canada with strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Fast learner with a passion for processes and multi tasking.
- Fully remote and available on 1099, W2, part-time, and full-time.
- Unlimited paid vacation, company holidays, and mental health days independent of engagement.
- Team meetings in virtual reality with VR glasses provided for qualified and verified Creative Directors.
- Membership in the growing Designity Creative Community with the ability to learn and collaborate with other Creatives.
- Growth plan with clear promotion possibilities in leadership positions.
- 401k and health insurance benefits for qualified W2 employees.
Compensation: $80,000 - $110,000
In order to be considered for this position, you need to complete the application process at https://www.designity.com/learn-more-directors
Please do NOT follow up on your application. We will be in touch within 2-3 weeks if you're qualified.
At Designity, all employment decisions are based on business needs, qualifications, and merit. Designity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We believe that a workforce diverse in cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences will benefit our team, clients, and products.