We are seeking a Community Manager / Career Advisor who is passionate about fostering the professional development of our creative community. This role is pivotal at Designity, as we deeply value the experience and growth of each Designity Creative Community member.
In this position, you will be instrumental in expanding the Designity Creative Community by vetting and onboarding new talent, developing training programs, career growth plans, and enhancing overall community engagement. You will collaborate with our team to ensure that our rigorously selected community of high-caliber creatives has access to and opportunities for exceptional work with our clients, all while advancing their careers and personal portfolios.
Designity is a subscription-based collaborative creative platform that enables creatives and businesses to collaborate more effectively through unique and innovative model. This collaborative approach has convinced both small and large companies, including Calendly, Kung Fu Tea, and Marriott Hotels, to use Designity for their design and marketing efforts instead of traditional, costly, and inefficient alternatives.
We are transforming the creative industry, moving away from outdated and ineffective marketing and design methods. Companies typically hire in-house designers, which is costly, time-consuming, skill-limiting, and requires substantial supervision. Working with traditional design and marketing agencies offers an alternative but at a high cost. Marketplaces like Upwork and Fiverr claim to offer a more affordable solution, but their model lacks reliability and optimization for creative services, causing frustration for businesses.
While we still operate like a startup, we are in full scale- up mode. If you are looking for a clear career growth plan, hybrid model (3 days in office required), and the opportunity to join a growing team that is disrupting the creative industry - then Designity is the place for you.
- Building systems and collaboration with the Creative Director team to vet creative portfolios and challenge projects.
- Coordinate performance review process for the Designity Creative Community.
- Mapping success plans for members of the Designity Creative Community utilizing the Creative Growth Plan.
- Providing inspiration to the Creative Community through researching and recommending events and training opportunities for members of the Creative Community.
- Conduct workshops and seminars to educate on industry standards, portfolio development, and personal branding strategies.
- Assigning active Creatives to different projects as they come available on an on-going basis.
- Serve as the first point of contact and subject matter expert for the Designity Creative Community, company’s offerings, and company culture.
- Develop and manage community engagement strategies to foster a vibrant, inclusive, and interactive community.
- Living in NYC area and willing to come to the office in Manhattan at least 3 days a week.
- 7+ experience as community manager and career advisor with educational or academic experience at design university is preferred.
- Ability to analyze market trends and provide strategic advice to navigate the creative industry successfully.
- Ability to create engaging training materials to train sophisticated topics.
- Experience in reviewing and evaluating creative portfolios and projects.
- Experience in developing individual growth plans and career mapping.
- Knowledge of current trends in marketing and design.
- Excellent written, organizational, and interviewing skills.
- Familiarity with the creative and production process, and a keen eye for design.
- Ability to change gears on short notice and adapt to fast changing environments.
- Hybrid model (min 3 days office attendance required)
- Uncapped commission
- Clear Career growth plan
- “No Meetings Wednesday”
- 401k and Health Insurance Benefits after 3 months
- Unlimited paid vacation, company holidays, and mental health days
Compensation: $80,000 - $110,000 (total of commission and base)
In order to be considered for this position, you need to complete the application process at www.designity.com/careers/community-manager-career-advisor
Please do NOT follow up on your application. We will be in touch within 2-3 weeks if you're qualified.
This is a hybrid position and you need to come to the office at least 3 days a week.
At Designity, all employment decisions are based on business needs, qualifications, and merit. Designity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We believe that a workforce diverse in cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences will benefit our team, clients, and products.